Getting Started with Canvas
- 1. Go to http://ilearn.laccd.edu
- 2. LogInID / UserID = Your log into Canvas with your alias (the first part of your email firstname.lastname@example.org, so for me it would be "onlinehelp"
- 3. Password = Your password should be your employee ID
Reset Your Password
(*Note: when you reset your password, the email that it will send a reset link to is your @faculty.laccd.edu)
Add a preferred email address:
If you don’t want to check your LACCD email: community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-2894
Set your notification preferences:
View Step-By-Step Tutorial
View Video Tutorial
Learn to Use Canvas Video Link: community.canvaslms.com/videos/1124
What would I need to do to teach online at Pierce College?
As approved by Pierce Academic Senate 2015, the following guidelines qualify you to teach online at Pierce College:
Prior to teaching online, all new online instructors shall attend and complete six hours of online pedagogy training and six hours of PierceOnLine CMS tools training which can be accomplished through:
**With the arrival of Canvas, an additional course is needed titled: Introduction to Teaching with Canvas and is offered every month via PierceOnLine and it is a three-week fully online course.
- 1.) Two courses - @one online training (funded by Title V and free to all faculty) This is offered four times a year. If faculty want to get certified at a different time, they can fund themselves and take the course "Introduction to Online Teaching and Learning" directly from @onehttp://www.onefortraining.org AND Introduction to Canvas Training - this is offered six times a year.
- 2.) a course/conference otherwise approved by the DEITC as comparable to the options listed above.
- 3.) a degree or certificate from accredited institution in educational technology, online curriculum **
Interested in booking the Pierce OnLine conference room?
*Los Angeles Pierce College's official Learning Manage System is now Canvas.